Everyone is eligible to apply for Farm Bureau membership and receive the many benefits and services available. When you join, you are applying for membership in the county Farm Bureau where you live or work.
Farmers and ranchers who receive income from production agriculture join as Voting Members and receive the weekly Ag Alert®, California's number one agricultural trade journal.
All others join as Sustaining Members and receive the bimonthly California Country, filled with useful information and background on food production, home gardening and other subjects. Each county has different dues rates for both Voting and Sustaining Members.
Choose the most convenient way to join:
Call the Member Help Desk at (800) 698-FARM (3276) and have your VISA or MasterCard ready for dues payment. Be ready to provide name, address, phone and specify your choice of Siskiyou County Farm Bureau to join
Complete and mail an application form to the California Farm Bureau Federation - Help Desk, 2300 River Plaza Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833. We will contact you to verify the dues rate for your county Farm Bureau and will then send you an invoice.
Farm Bureau members in California may renew their memberhips online, through a secure Web service. Have your renewal notice available to speed the process; you will need to enter your membership number, name and ZIP code. Renewal dues may be paid online using either Visa® or MasterCard®.
although every farmer & rancher should be a member of their local Farm Bureau. When you join as a Siskiyou County Farm Bureau member, you are automatically enrolled as a California & American Farm Bureau member and entitled to the benefits thereof.
1. with 587 members in Siskiyou County; 89,000 statewide; and over 5.7 million members nationwide, Farm Bureau is one of the largest grassroots agricultural organizations working on behalf of farmers and ranchers
2. As a voting Farm Bureau member (one involved in agriculture), you will have the opportunity to help set Farm Bureau policy at the local, state, and national levels.
3. Farm Bureau works vigorously to defend farmers water and property rights and to protect growers from excess taxes and regulatory fees
4. receive timely information (& discounted rates) on workshops and seminars to stay current on Hazardous Materials, labor and worker safety rules and regulations
5. receive the weekly Ag Alert newsletter, which keeps farmers/ranchers up to date on the latest information; as well as the bi-monthly BCFB newsletter which includes interest items and notices
6. discounts with State Fund for workers compensation, Allied Insurance, HealthNet Health Plans, Dodge rebates, & entertainment discounts
1. be part of one of the largest farm organizations, which actively promotes agriculture and works to make sure we are provided with a safe and affordable food and fiber supply
2. save 7 1/2% on personal auto insurance through Allied Insurance.
3. access to group health, eye, & dental insurance through Health Net Health Plans
4. receive member discounts on Dodge vehicles, Kelly Moore Paints, hotels, prescriptions, and more
5. receive the full color, bi-monthly magazine, California Country, with travel ideas, recipes, photographs, & more; plus the quarterly SCFB newsletter with local interest items!
There are four reasonable membership rates for the Siskiyou County Farm Bureau, making it affordable and practical for anyone interested in joining.
New members: Start your Farm Bureau membership online!
Aside from working hard for our members (legislation, lobbying, policy implementation, etc.) Farm Bureau provides great membership services, benefits, and discounts to all our members. View statewide Farm Bureau benefits from California Farm Bureau.
Give the gift of Membership Farm Bureau memberships are a great gift to start giving to friends and especially family members. Why not give your family members a gift membership so they can take advantage of all of the great things you’re getting out of your membership? With only one membership per family, you are receiving only one copy of Ag Alert. Like many of you, the weekly Ag Alert goes to the ranch or farm office. If each adult member of your family or operation had a membership, they too could take advantage of the latest news and information provided by the California Farm Bureau each week.
We know your time is precious and much of it today is spent on a tractor, walking an orchard, or doctoring some cattle. Farm Bureau is your voice in Washington, Sacramento and here in Siskiyou County when you don’t have the time. Our local officials believe 10 am weekday meetings are convenient for you but we know the truth. That’s why with your membership you can be certain that your local Farm Bureau office is representing you at Habitat Conservation Plan, Siskiyou County General Plan updates, Board of Supervisors meetings, and Air Quality Management District Meetings.
Maybe you have a family member or a friend or even a neighbor who is not a Farm Bureau member. Ask them why and ask them to join. It is by far the best $75-115.00 they will spend all year and at the same time they can be certain they are represented when it counts.
|Siskiyou County Farm Bureau Membership Dues|
Interested in joining SCFB? You may call our office directly for a membership application & the appropriate dues information - or you can print out an application, call SCFB to determine correct dues, & mail the application & dues to SCFB, or join online at http://www.cfbf.com/joinfb
Inviting a new generation of members, the California Farm Bureau Federation has announced a new membership category for students between the ages of 16 and 25. The “collegiate” membership category is now available for students enrolled in a post-high school education program such as a community college, four-year university or trade school.
“The new Farm Bureau collegiate membership provides an easy, inexpensive way for young people interested in careers in agriculture to connect with their peers, network with other Farm Bureau members and find their place within the farming and ranching community,” CFBF President Paul Wenger said.
Collegiate Farm Bureau members receive access to an online version of Ag Alert®, the award-winning weekly newspaper covering California agriculture. Additionally, collegiate members will have access to scholarship information, internship opportunities and agricultural career information. Membership also includes a discount to register and attend the CFBF Annual Meeting and the annual Young Farmers and Ranchers Leadership Conference, and collegiate members may compete in the statewide Collegiate Discussion Meet sponsored by the Farm Bureau YF&R program. “In order to continue to produce safe, nutritious food in the future, we need to encourage young people to pursue the full variety of agricultural careers, from actual farm and ranch production to lending to processing to communications and all other related fields,” Wenger said. “The Farm Bureau collegiate membership will help young people stay connected and informed about issues and opportunities in California agriculture.”
The collegiate membership classification is effective immediately, with an online application available at www.cfbf.com/joinfb/. Membership information is also available from county Farm Bureaus. Annual dues are $25. Gift memberships may be purchased. California residency is not required for membership.
The California Farm Bureau Federation works to protect family farms and ranches on behalf of approximately 76,500 members statewide and as part of a nationwide network of nearly 6.3 million Farm Bureau members.